- My Saddest Night In Israel – Anti-Messianic groups organize a protest against Messianic Jews in Ashdod, Israel. One Messianic Jewish resident relates:
Before I realized what was happening I had between 50-100 people surrounding me, calling me a missionary and asking me what I was doing in Israel. Boys as young as 6-7 years old were hissing at me, making hateful faces. The group closed in more and more trying to intimidate and I'll be honest it worked.
As my heart pounded more and more, I kept repeating to myself 'I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Yeshua the Messiah'. I suddenly had a glimpse like never before of what it must have been like for Peter or Stephen to suddenly find themselves surrounded by a hate-filled mob.
It wasn't just that there was a group of people surrounding me. I've lived in some of the most dangerous cities in the world and encountered all sorts of 'seedy' elements. No, this was something entirely different. These were people who had been bred from the the womb to hate Yeshua and anyone who identifies themselves with Him. They didn't even see me as a human being. They just saw me as a vessel of everything they loathe.
More coverage of the harassment on Rosh Pina:
- Testimony of survivor of Nazi liquidation of Jews in Belarus – Holocaust survivor Rivka Yosselevska recounts the day the Nazis came for her and the rest of the Jews in Zagrodski, Belarus.
Then my second sister was shot and then my turn came.
We turned towards the grave and then he turned around and asked, `Whom shall I shoot first?’ We were already facing the grave. The German asked, `Whom do you want me to shoot first?’ I did not answer. I felt him take the child from my arms. The child cried out and was shot immediately.
And then he aimed at me. First he held onto my hair and turned my head around; I stayed standing; I heard a shot, but I continued to stand and then he turned my head again and he aimed the revolver at me, ordered me to watch, and then turned my head around and shot at me. Then I fell to the ground into the pit amongst the bodies – but I felt nothing.
- Temple Update: Sanhedrin Chamber of Hewn Stones Blueprints Revealed – The Temple Institute recently revealed blueprints for the Lishkat haGazit, the area of the Temple Complex in which the Sanhedrin would convene. See the following 3d flythrough:
- Why was the Second Temple destroyed? – Examining the rabbis of Judaism and the gospels as to why the 2nd Temple was destroyed.
- The New Messianic Jewish Learning – New Messianic blog, as MJTI rabbi Carl Kinbar looks for Messianic Jews wanting to engage in serious study the Scriptures and rabbinic writings.
- Pesach – A Perpetual Rememberance – Passover as an eternal commandment to remember our deliverance from Egypt.
- Passover, Last Supper, Crucifixion Part 1 and Part 2: Popular Messianic blogger Derek Leman seems to be leaning more and more towards a liberal interpretation of Scripture. He is now suggesting the Last Supper wasn’t a Passover Seder, and that there are irreconcilable differences -- and errors -- in the different gospel accounts.
Enjoy the tasty bracha, fine blog readers!