So after saying, “gosh, there’s so few Messianic songs of repentance” in the last post, a good number of you fine blog readers chimed in with counter-examples.
I stand corrected.
After some contemplation of these, I’ve chosen a few songs for this upcoming shabbat. 4 of 5 are Messianic, and they point the worshipper toward repentance:
- Lamb – The Sacrifice Lamb: “We’ve broken the Law, but he paid our debt…”
- Yosef Karduner – Hashivenu: “Bring us back in perfect repentance before you…”
- Steve McConnell – Yom Kippur: “Holy One, how can I approach your mercy seat?”
- Micha’el ben David – The Blood: “The blood of Yeshua over us and all Yisrael…”
- Lamb – Holy, Holy: “You carried all my sins, o son of David, why? Yet on your back my sins were laid.”
Have an easy fast, fine blog readers.